.

Thursday, April 25, 2019

What music means to me. Rock Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 750 words

What melody means to me. escape from - probe Example27). I believe this is a thoroughly accurate and insightful comment about the enjoyment that music plays in the human experience. If we look around to the different periods and different cultures of the world throughout domains history, we see music as one of the few timeless facts of existence. Music is touching, as Mr. Joel says, because it expresses the inexpressible. In other words, it wholeows us to connect to concepts, emotions, thoughts, beliefs, and the knowledge of other people, just by the simple act of listening. spill from the beginning of my life to the present moment, I can think quite clearly of the defining soundtrack to that increase of events. Starting in the mid- to late-1970s, which was during my childhood years, I can recall bits and pieces of my favorite music. I know that classics deal Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer and other Christmas songs were still very much popular. More generally, however, I re member Schoolhouse shake off very vividly being a big hit at my school and with my parents. Schoolhouse Rock was a television program that had a number of hit musical recordings for children. I think that the cordial aspect of Schoolhouse Rock helps me remember so much about it, partly because it was so incredibly popular with kids my age. I preferred Science Rock the most, probably because it reflected my unexampled interest in the sciences, in particular space and physics. It would make me feel happy about my love of learning as a young kid in physics class. Also from my childhood, I remember loving Mister Rogers Neighborhood and the songs he would twaddle to his television audience. His voice is iconic of my time as a young child growing up in front of the television. In my adolescence, between 1984 and 1991, my taste in music started to be influenced by my family and friends. In 1984, at 11, Stevie Wonder was my favorite performer. His song I Just Called to Say I Love You struck me for Stevies great singing ability and skill as an instrumentalist and lyricist. At about 13, I began to alike(p) the music that my friends liked. In 1987, I remember Guns N Roses Welcome to the Jungle being passing popular, along with U2s With or Without You. Listening to this music helped me feel connected with others, just like the childrens music of the 1970s had the decade before. Nevertheless, this new style of rock music that was emerging did give me an cistron of rebelliousness that pop music from singers like Whitney Houston and Rick Astley lacked. Accordingly, I tended to like the heavier rock more. My taste for punishing rock continued in that direction for much of the remainder of the 1980s. I bought tape cassettes from Quiet Riot, Def Leppard, and Whitesnake, all of whom really represented the youth of that time. In line with Billy Joels insight, I think the music I listened to helped give me a point of contact with other young people at that time. woful away from the 1980s and toward today, I no longer associate hard rock or metal with comfort. Rather, I find comfort in contemporary R&B music. R&B stands for rhythm and blues, and refers to music that combines elements of hip-hop, soul, and funk (George, 2003, p. 23). Contemporary R&B is polished with saxophone sounds, drum auto rhythms, and talented vocalists. In terms of finding comfort in music, I usually turn to voices like Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, and Jamie Foxx, who all represent that genre of music. When I am feeling disappointment or stress, this music helps me disgorge my problems into perspective. Because much R&B music deals with grander problems, it helps me realize that some of the challenges I face do non compare in size and scope with those being sung about in R&B music.

No comments:

Post a Comment