.

Friday, October 4, 2019

Home Visit with Sallie Mae Fisher Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

Home Visit with Sallie Mae Fisher - Essay Example This paper will begin with such dialogue: Nurse: Good Morning, Salle Mae, my name is Jayden Kings and I will be your nurse today. From your history, I can see that you have a history of congestive heart failure, hypertension, and arterial fibrillation. What are the difficulties you are experiencing currently? Sallie Mae: Â  Pleasure to meet you, Jayden Kings. My name is Salle Mae. Currently, I am experiencing a decline in function of daily activities. Nurse: Â  The decline in function of daily activities is because of the acute medication condition at your age. It is common for older patients to experience such changes on their functional status after hospitalization. Do you check your weight? Sallie Mae: yes, I check my weight and I have discovered that I have been gaining weight at a very high rate. Nurse: weight gain is an indication that the body is retaining extra fluid, which is common in patients with congestive heart failure. However, you have to be strict with your diet or monitor your diet closely and ensure that you eliminate salt to prevent the body from retaining too much water. Whom do you live with? Sallie Mae: Â  I live alone since I am recently widowed and the death of my husband affects me so much. My daughter Thelma Jean lives in town, but she works full time and has family issues of her own therefore she cannot support me as well. Nurse: I am sorry for your loss Sallie. I now understand your frequent hospitalization for the past six months since you were hospitalized four times.

No comments:

Post a Comment